Friday 12 June 2015

H is for How To Rescue Rapunzel Review - A to Z of Spanking Blogging Challenge #SpankA2Z





Welcome to My Day 8 of the From A to Z of Spanking Blogging Challenge #SpankA2Z

is for How to Rescue Rapunzel by Viola Morne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Five Stars if You Love BDSM Victorian Gothic Adventures.

How to Rescue Rapunzel is a fine example of a Victorian Gothic expertly written with some delectable spanking and BDSM. For fans of this genre it will undoubtedly be a high five stars. Personally, although I enjoyed the story and found the hero and heroine endearing, the descriptions of the cruelty of the two female character’s previous husbands didn't add enough enjoyment to the story for me to give it the ultimate five stars.
I did struggle over whether to award five stars as I know that these descriptions will be a turn on for fans of this particular brand of BDSM. In the end, I decided that as this is a review from my perspective then my personal tastes are relevant. However, I must stress that I don’t consider it offensive, just not in line with my particular kink.
On the other hand, it was truly lovely to see Angelica blossom beautifully under Thor’s love and respect in contrast to her husband’s sadistic selfishness and the ill treatment of the other men in the story. It only highlighted just how much of an outstanding hero he was in rescuing Angelica. It was exciting and romantic to participate in Thor’s journey in developing his own sweet brand of domestic discipline and mutual sadistic enjoyment of BDSM to satisfy his wife’s needs.
Added to this, the action and intrigue is a fast paced adventure with a cast of excellent baddies. The teasing hints and pleasing cliff hanger that I imagine are meant as an introduction to Minerva’s story all add up to a delightful romp. Highly recommended if you love this type of Victorian tale.

View all my reviews
                                                                
Don't forget to visit all the other great blogs






No comments:

Post a Comment